Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Swapping ROCKS!

My kindhearted postman (who is probably ready to kill me for all the packages I've been sending out lately) brought me tow gifties today - my swaps from DonnaSC and tangledblue.

This is the yarn that DonnaSC sent me in exchange for some Manos wool. It is a fingering-weight wool, handpainted by her husband. The colors are absolutely spectacular - bright citrusy greens, rich burgundy purples, and bright deep blues. Just fabulous. I cannot wait to decide what to make from it - the difficulty is going to be in finding a pattern that will show it off! I think it would make an amazing shawl - really warm and snuggly, and absolutely striking.




This is some Noro Blossom that tangledblue sent in exchange for some KnitPicks Gossamer. It's such a beautiful combination of colors - I am trying to decide what to make with it. Tangledblue said she made an Edgar scarf with it - I might do that. She also sent me some other goodies - isn't she sweet? There is some really yummy lemon-lime hemp-based lip balm, and the cards are recipes for a bunch of natural remedies and treats that I definitely want to try.

Thank you both - you guys rule! This was my first swap experience on the boards, and I will definitely not hesitate to do it again!

2 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger Mtwelovett said...

ooooh pretty! That yarn looks worth giving up some Manos for....and you know how I love Manos. ;)

 
At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW Does DonnaSC's husband have a great eye for colour or what?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home