Monday, January 09, 2006

Meh.

I have apparently contracted a bad case of knitting ennui. I finished the Cozy last Thursday, and I haven't knit a thing since. I just can't seem to get excited about any of my current WIPs, but I don't want to start yet ANOTHER project, mostly because I have those WIPs to finish.

I've been working through the stash list, trying very hard to make some decisions about what projects to match with the yarns that I own, and which ones need to find a new home. I've got a few things earmarked, both new stuff I haven't used and leftovers from projects, and I think I'm going to spend some time with the camera and post them on the Knitty swap boards.

We spend some time at Ikea this weekend, picking out a new desk for Kris. He can't take his personal laptop to work with him anymore, so he has it set up a little more permanently here at the house. I do so love Ikea. They have such fun stuff, and their prices really are good. Plus, we have the adventure of assembling it ourselves. (To some people, that is a drawback, but it's like a big puzzle to us. Plus, we're practically pros at this point, we own so much of their stuff)

Hyon and Drew were here last night (with the baby, of course). Hyon taught me to make kim bap, which we had been planning to do for ages. Kim bap is a Korean dish, similar in construction to sushi rolls, but with different filling. We made ones with various combinations of spinach, crabmeat, fish cakes, cucumber, tak kang (pickled radish - no idea if that is how it is spelled), and kimchi, along with the rice and seaweed. We made what I thought was a pretty big pile of them, but the four of us totally demolished them in short order. They are so very yummy. Hyon said that next time, we'll have to make dumplings as well. I am looking forward to it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home