Thursday, January 12, 2006

Half-Price Haul

So, I decided to make a run by Total Crafts in Bowie last night, just to see if they still had anything left in their store closing sale. They had one dump bin of yarn left, which was surprisingly free of the typical cheapie squeaky acrylic, and I made a pretty good haul, all of which was half-price.

I got 13 skeins of TLC Cara Mia in three different colors - Sandy, Olive, and Tan. No idea what it is going to be yet, but I really like the colors, and since it looks like this has actually been discontinued anyway, I figured I might as well pick it up. I am trying very hard to keep from going back before they close on the 22nd to pick up any more.

I also found a fair amount of sock yarn. And by "a fair amount", I mean that I bought 16 skeins of Patons Kroy Sock (in Mercury, Muslin, Newport Tan, Flagstone, and Orangina) and 4 of Bernat Sox (in Orange Hot and Aqua Hot) I've got patterns picked out for most of these. Heaven knows when they will actually get made, but at least they have a purpose!

I think I have overcome my knitting ennui of the last week or so. I've made some really good progress on my Ene's Scarf project. I'm almost halfway through it, and it is coming out quite nicely. I'd take a picture, but it is lace and therefore looks cruddy since it hasn't been blocked yet. Maybe if I feel inspired to pin it out later. =)

Thank you to all the Knittyheads who made swap offers from my last post. I am going to go pick up boxes and envelopes today, so everything should be going in the mail tomorrow. I am looking forward to the goodies you are sending me! (If anyone is interested, the Bernat Satin and Blue Sky Cotton are both still available. I may add some more eventually, but for now, that's it.)

4 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Wow great haul there...don't you just love it when you can pick stuff up extra cheap. I found a lot of cotton ease that way. That sandy cara mia is awesome(or whatever the varigated one is)...if you ever wanna swap that someday look me up :) Oh and the sock yarn...whew! Zknitter

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

Hi zknitter! Yeah, I was kind of in a yarn coma after that one.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the Cara Mia, but if it never speaks to me, I'll let you know about the sandy! (It is pretty, isn't it?)

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Is it worth it to go by there this week? If there was only one bin left the pickings are probably slim!

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

It's probably pretty picked over. There was some baby cotton yarn still left when I was there last week, and a fre random skeins, but not all that much. I might make one last swing by, just in case. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home