Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A Little Progress

So, after looking carefully at the Sizzle pattern and realizing that when it says"blah blah blah, repeat 6 more times" it means that you do that a total of SEVEN times (*facepalm*), I ripped back and corrected it. Of course, by the time I realized it, I was already onto the front, so I partly ripped the back, stuck it back on the needle, and finished the front before going back to it. As of today, I am here:I am quite happy with how it is coming out, and I am hoping to get the back finished either today or tomorrow. I am still debating lengthening the straps a little bit, because I am thinking that I should have added more than an inch in the waist section. I really don't need this to be a cropped shirt. Nor does the rest of the world...

I finally got a picture of the Cigar Gloves I made for Kris. For my first gloves, I have to say that I think they turned out really well. However, if I ever say the words "black", "worsted weight" and "size US3 needles" in reference to the same project again, please slap me. I did them both at once (until the finger bits) on 2 circulars, and I think it only took me about 3 days. It's a well-written pattern, and I am definitely intrigued to tackle more gloves in the future. Of course, I really want to make these for myself at some point. Once I find an obnoxious enough sock yarn, that is.

We did have an adventure here Sunday morning. The boys (Kris and our friend John, who is staying with us until he closes on his new house at the end of the month) were still asleep, so I came downstairs to check email, etc., only to find that my monitor was... less than functioning. Sometime in the middle of the night, it had gone completely haywire and was showing nothing but a gray screen with a few random pixels lit. I went to wake up Kris, who spent a bit fiddling with it and then called HP Support, because (Yay!) it was still under warrantee. So, they talked to him for a bit, confirmed that it really was dead, and are sending me a new one. For the time being, Kris moved his monitor over here, and he is "making do" with just his laptop. According to the HP site, though, the new one should be here tomorrow, which means Kris can keep his Wednesday date with his WoW buddies and not be stuck with the laptop (which works perfectly well for gaming, but the screen is smaller)

And have you seen these? Knit Picks, you are my nemesis! First, the awesome new needles, and now these bags! And they MATCH the needle case. They are deliberately appealing to my completely anal-retentive nature! I was going to be good and wait on them for a while, but I showed them to Kris, and he immediately said, "Wow - those are classy-looking. And that's a good price. You should get them." So, yeah, I did, along with the chart keeper. And I decided to splurge on the faster shipping, which means that according to the tracking, they will be here tomorrow, where the yarn and additional circular needles I ordered last week won't be here until Thursday. Hee. (And yes, folks, I married an enabler. Is it any wonder I'm keeping him? I mean, aside from the fact that he's damn cute?) I'll post pics and my thoughts as soon as they get here.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger Stitchcounter said...

Ooh, I like the chart keeper and who doesnt need a knitting bag? (especially for that price) Unfortunately, J is not the enabler that your hubby is. Of course, he is so consumed with Civ VI these days he might not notice...

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Ooh, gotta love an enabler.

And how chivalrous of him to give up his monitor temporarily for you. Oh how hard it must be to deal with the laptop in it's place.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Brittany said...

Sizzle looks great so far! I hate those 'duh' moments when you look back at a pattern and realise you've made a critical error. Half of me would rather not know and blame it on the pattern. ;)

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Sizzle is looking good!

Love the gloves..but eek 3's on worsted!! Yikes!

Can't wait to see what you think about the bags! Do tell ;)

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Charity said...

Lovely new things! How exciting!

The Sizzle is looking great - I'm working on it, too, but I'm not as far along as you. Wonderful colour!

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Rain said...

Sizzle looks fab, nice colour choice.

Rather you than me with teh gloves, big yarn on tiny needles does nothing for me either.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Ali said...

You really do some gorgeous knitting. I like Sizzle and the Cigar Gloves a lot.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Ali said...

Oh, I forgot to add, 3 days on the gloves? Crap, it takes me that long to take the wrapper off, go find the right needles, read the pattern at least 3x, get a glass of iced-tea, and then cast-on. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home