Friday, June 23, 2006

*Sigh*

So, I was cruising along on the awesome "Bombshell" pattern from Big Girl Knits, with only some minor... um... modifications. (Roughly translated, I was working at a very slightly different gauge, and I miscounted where I was on the increases and did fewer than called for) In spite of these modifications, it was going to work out fine. Sort of. Then I decided to try it on (Ah, the wonders of the top-down raglan!). Yeah... not so much. Just not quite... right. So, I frogged it all and will be starting over on smaller needles.

Speaking of needles, have you seen these: KnitPicks Options Needles? I am drooling over them. I reeeeeeally want to order them, but I've decided I'm going to wait for at least a little while before I do. Of course, the fact that KnitPicks has gotten so swamped with orders for them that they are looking at a 1-2 week delay on shipping them has helped me make that decision. =) I really hope that they are what they look like - an interchangeable equivalent of Addis. If that is true... Anyway, if I wait until after the 1st, I can safely order yarn without blowing the YFC.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Blogger LaBean said...

I want to try those needles too! Being short of cash is a great way to avoid temptation! I agree, they look like an interchangeable answer to Addis! All I really wanna know is.. do they come in a 2.25mm circumference? If they do? they're mine for Xmas!

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Sherry W said...

I want them, and I don't really need them. Urgh.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger aija said...

I am ogling the dpns over there... :)

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger GretchenX said...

I'm really REALLY torn on those - I decided to give up my KnitPicks boycott and get the Boye NeedleMaster set, but I'm still eyeing theirs as well.

I just wish they had more cord length options!!!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Pyewacket said...

Gyaahhhh, why did I click on that link?! Must.. quell... needle... lust...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home