Saturday, July 02, 2005

Jayne Hat!

So, Jen and I headed over to Stitch DC yesterday, and had a grand time. The owner was very friendly and very sweet, and the shop is really lovely. Open and airy and bright. Not that I don't still love the overabundance of yarn in an underabundance of space that is The Yarn Garden, but it was a nice change.

I picked up some Cascade 220 to make Jayne Hats for Eddie and Kris for the Serenity premiere, just because I thought they would be amusing. I love this yarn. Nice and soft and springy, and it knit up like a dream. (And I had to get the Cascade 220 just so Ed can break out
his favorite movie quote - "220, 221 - whatever it takes") I ended up using it doubled to get the appropriate "chunkiness" to the fabric. I had Kris model it to show Jen, and I just have to post
this silly picture of my incredibly silly husband:


The orange is not QUITE that neon in reality, thank goodness. So, now I just have to finish the second hat and send one of them up to Ed. I'm going to enclose a copy of the note that came with it in the original episode, just for fun.

I also picked up the Baby Bobbi Bear pattern and some Blue Sky Cotton to make two of them - one for Clint, and one for Bryan and Wendy's baby (whenever he/she arrives!). One will be light blue, and one will be light purple. I'll probably give the purple one to Clint, just
because it will amuse his daddy that it's PURPLE! Hyon promised me a picture of Clint in the sweater I made him, so as soon as I have it, I'll post it here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home